BSNL is definitely jumping into the competition warfare. It has launched the “Pyaari Jodi Offer“. Under it the Landline / WLL customers would be given a free mobile SIM. The primary advantage attached to that is:
Free Upto 30 Min per day and
beyond 30 Min. @ Rs.0.20/Min
Apart from that the are:
1) Within the BSNL network the charge is Re. 0.01 (1 paisa) per second, and to other networks it is Re. 0.012 (1.2 paisa) per second
2) of Re 0.2 per minute through FF (Friend & Family) route
3) Apart from above, one can also define of Re. 0.3 per minute
The other immediate benefits are:
1) Special recharge of Rs. 33 at the time of activation provides for validity of 6 months and Rs 15 talk time
2) On activation BSNL provides for use within 30 days the following:
a) 1000 Free local SMS
b) 1000 Free national SMS
c) 1000 MB Free GPRS internet download
The SIM as such comes activated with 3G services
All this is really good to get a new number or an additional number.
This offer has been launched throughout India in the different circles of BSNL. As far as I know, no closing date has been put to the offer. So anyone with a landline / WLL of BSNL would be eligible. Moreover,
I guess, the scheme is also open to new Landline / WLL connections of BSNL.
Another Good thing is that .
1. Pyari Jodi is now a permanent scheme of BSNL
2. Pyari Jodi SIM can be got on a Fixed Landline connection or WLL connection.
3. The Pyari Jodi SIM can be Prepaid or Post Paid
4. The Pyari Jodi number cannot be ported out.
5. Outside the Circle, the Pyari Jodi works on 1 Paisa per Sec scheme – Including on calls to the linked Landline / WLL
Validity of Pyari Jodi number can be increased by doing recharge (not topup) of any denomination like Rs 55, 110, 220, 280, 330, 1100, 3300 etc. (validity will be increased by 15, 30, 60, 365, 90, 365, 365 days respectively).
The best is of course the Rs 280 recharge voucher that increases the validity by 365 days and also gives a talk time of Rs. 110
Update (July 2011): BSNL has done away with the 280 voucher. So, the best option now is the 200 voucher that gives validity of 6 months and talk time of 180. (Talk time may differ from circle to circle & from time to time – some may even give full talk time – or even more than that, I got 180, when I recharged one of my Pyari Jodi mobile)
Within a given validity period, to increase the talk time, one can use the normal topup.